We all want the best for our families and safeguarding their health is one of our top priorities. Did you know there is something called the oral-systemic link that has a powerful impact on the health of yourself and your family? The oral-systemic link is the relationship between our oral health and the health of the rest of our body.
At Christine Kirchner DDS, we are committed to preventing and reducing the risk of oral disease with our wide range of dental services because we know it can drastically improve your overall health and well-being!
Comprehensive dentistry focuses on the overall health and beauty of your smile. It focuses on how it can be protected and enhanced with a program of planned and consistent dental treatments.
The Importance of Comprehensive Dental Care
Research shows that a person’s oral health has direct links to the status of their overall health It’s one of the main reason why dentistry had been called the first line of defense in protecting your whole-body health.
It’s important to understand that everything inside your mouth is systemically connected to the rest of your body. Many studies show a connection between poor oral health and several devastating medical problems, including:
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- Respiratory disease
- Pregnancy complications
Early detection often offers the best chance for prevention and treatment of disease. Your dentist can be an invaluable asset for detecting potential problems that begin in the mouth.
Here’s the good news: by scheduling a check-up, our team will alert you to problems before they have time to spread further. When looking in the mirror, watch for the following signs of bacterial infection:
- Bleeding gums: this is not a normal occurrence that goes hand-in-hand with tooth brushing.
- Swollen gums: infected tissues swell or become puffy. The same is true with gum disease.
- Signs of infection: the presence of pus along the gumline signals significant disease. Don’t ignore it!
- Shifting teeth: teeth should be rooted solidly in the jawbone. Movement or shifting of the teeth indicates your support system has been compromised.
- Chronic bad breath: it may signal the presence harmful bacteria buildup that needs professional attention.
- A family history of periodontal disease: Be pro-active and head off any potential problems.
Download our informative and FREE infographic. You can learn more about how using advanced dentistry techniques can prevent dental problems before they arise.
We Want to Keep You Healthy
Each treatment plan is designed around your unique needs, and we implement the right expertise and equipment necessary to provide the earliest detection of oral disease or infection.
We offer preventive services to keep your smile in its best condition from the very beginning, from our ultra-thorough hygiene exams to protective sports mouthguards.
Are you concerned about the state of your oral health and how it may be impacting you or a family member? Make an appointment today by calling us at (206) 938-4540 or contact us online to experience caring, comprehensive dentistry in Seattle, WA. Your smile and your body will thank you!